Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Working women cannot wait any longer for Senate action against wage discrimination!
The moment is here – thanks to your support, we are within striking distance of passing the Paycheck Fairness Act! The Senate is back in session and precious few days remain for them to pass this critical bill.
The countdown is on and we need your help to get the bill across the finish line. Call your Senator at 1-877-667-6650 and ask them to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act this session! OR send them an email.
Taking action has never been more important than it is right now. The Senate must make this bill a priority: the Paycheck Fairness Act would deter wage discrimination by closing loopholes in the Equal Pay Act and barring retaliation against workers who disclose their wages to coworkers.
The Feminist Majority and other leading organizations in the Paycheck Fairness Act coalition are hosting a nationwide call-in day on Tuesday, November 16 to push the Senate to vote. So call now and call again on Tuesday! We need only two minutes of your time. Please dial 1-877-667-6650 and simple instructions will direct you to your Senators' offices.
After you are put through, be sure to tell them the following:
• Your name, address, and that you are their constituent.
• You are calling to urge them to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act.
• Women currently only make 77 cents to the dollar.
• The Paycheck Fairness Act would deter wage discrimination by closing loopholes in the Equal Pay Act and bar retaliation against workers who disclose their wages to coworkers.
• The House already passed the bill in January 2009. The Senate must do the same this session and protect against any weakening amendments that arise.
You can also email your Senators now!
We are in the final days before the Senate votes on this bill and every call makes a difference. Please, take a few moments to call the Senate at 1-877-667-6650 and ask them to pass Paycheck Fairness for women and their families before time runs out.