Friday, April 23, 2010

A Feminist Survey for Your Campus


FMF-Affiliate group, BNOW at UC Berkeley, uses this Feminist Survey to educate students about feminism and recruit new members. Take a look and think about tailoring one for your campus and club!

A quick survey…

I empower myself.

I care about the true meaning of diversity.

I believe in equal pay for men and women.

I’d like to be represented by a legal system that accurately represents the
people it governs.

It bothers me when I hear about another case of rape in my neighborhood.

I believe in a woman’s right to choose.

I appreciate it when people who live differently from me are able to see my
issues, and then work with me to improve them.

I see the value in nourishing my own personal identity, rather than in
nourishing what others would like to make of me.

I am proud of the fact that I am not easily labeled.

I see that the media doesn’t accurately represent all people, all lives, and all
bodies.

I realize that all forms of oppression are related.

I realize that if I really expect something to change, I need to actively work
toward changing it.

I would like to be part of a community of people who care about issues of
equality and work toward empowerment.

If you checked yes to most of these boxes, CONGRATULATIONS. YOU’RE A FEMINIST!

Join your fellow feminists through the
Berkeley National Organization for Women.

blogbnow.blogspot.com
now.berkeley@gmail.com

“People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.” - Rebecca West

No comments: