Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rob Thomas Has a Big Gay Chip on His Shoulder

I normally do not put much stock into the rantings of celebrities. I agree that they, like the rest of us, have a right to speak their minds but typically chalk it up to mindless chatter. So tickle me surprised when I read Rob Thomas' commentary on gay marriage.

"I've heard it said before, many times, that if two men or two women are allowed to join into a civil union together, why can't they be happy with that and why is it so important that they call it marriage? In essence, what's in a name?

A civil union has to do with death. It's essentially a document that gives you lower taxes and the right to let your faux spouse collect your insurance when you pass away. A marriage is about life. It's about a commitment."


Join us in support of this commitment for ALL PEOPLE by signing our Love and Equality Pledge today!

No comments: