Friday, January 8, 2010

First day on the job

Hello my fellow activists,

My name is Frank Perez and it's my first day interning here at the Los Angeles FMF office. I have to say that I am pretty excited about everything that I have experienced so far.

Thanks to FMF for allowing me this opportunity to work side by side with them in reaching equality for all people globally. I look forward to doing all that I can for the organization and being the best intern I can be!

I am currently a student at Cal State Los Angeles, hopefully graduating in 2011. I work directly with the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance on my campus. We have so many great events coming up on the campus. Our big event this quarter is S.A.V.E. (Stand Against Violence Everywhere).

This event is to raise awareness about domestic violence and invite students to gain knowledge on violence that is happening all over the world. We will have guest presentations from different professionals on violence from different countries and here in the U.S. We will also have feminist artist, both musical and poetic, to entertain. Also, we will have some other peer presenters that will give personal experiences about what they have gone through.

If you're interested in knowing more about upcoming events, feel free to email us at FMLACUSLA@GMAIL.COM. Check us out on Facebook and we'll keep you up to date on events and news surrounding our campus. Take care and peace.


photo via flickr by cathredfern

No comments: