Friday, January 15, 2010

Greetings Feminists!

Hi y'all, I'm Mariel Kirschen, a new intern at the FMF DC office and would just like to introduce myself to all you readers out there in the blogging world. I'm brand new to blogging, so bear with me as I try to find my footing.

I'm a sophomore at American University here in DC studying Law and Society and Women and Gender Studies. I'm especially passionate about issues involving violence against women so you might find me posting a lot on related topics.

This internship is a great opportunity to take what I'm learning in the classroom and use it to take action against issues involving women in the real world.

I'm really excited for what I will learn and the experiences I will gain. Thanks for reading!

photo courtesy of nationscapital.com via flickr

1 comment:

Tania said...

Welcome, Mariel!! So excited to have you join FMF and the campus team this semester! :)