Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Operation Rescue Protests Carhart's Clinic in Nebraska

This past weekend, Operation Rescue put its efforts towards boycotting LeRoy Carhart's clinic in Nebraska. Check out the video below called "You can't handle the truth, " where Troy Newman continuously harasses NOW volunteers, as well as our FMF volunteers (not pictured in the video). As you will see, he tries to give NOW pro-choice supporters a sonogram from a mother who had planned on terminating her pregnancy, but instead decided to carry out the pregnancy. He actually says, "I guess there is only one kind of choice for these people, and that's to kill their baby. " REALLY. The film gave me chills; Troy Newman is horrifying.



While it seems almost counter-intuitive to show footage of Troy Newman on our blog, I wanted to show the footage to thank all of the supporters for their bravery. Getting between Troy Newman and his "truth vans" and Carhart's clinic was courageous, and I encourage their behavior.

I guess the message is: Keep fighting!!

1 comment:

WendyM said...

Thanks for posting that, Laura. I cannot believe the false sincerity with which he speaks. What about WOMEN'S LIVES?