Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 2 of Feminist Summer Camp

Hello! My name is Emily Kunstler and as one of the brand new Feminist Majority Foundation Choices Campus interns. I am extremely excited to spend the summer at "Feminist Summer Camp." I am a queer feminist who loves reading, sports (surfing, swimming, running, basketball and horseback riding), the ocean, and activism.

A Gender and Queer Studies major, I currently attend Santa Monica College. This summer, I am particularly interested in working on the Reproductive Health, Rights & Justice, Women's Health Care, and Civil Rights for the LGBTQ community.

A few of my favorite books are Female Masculinity by J. Halberstam, Whipping Girl by Julia Serano, Feminism and Pop Culture by Andi Zeisler, The Body Project by Joan Jacobs Brumberg, Nobody Passes by Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore, Ain't I a Woman: Black Women and Feminism by bell hooks, Backlash by Susan Faludi and Queers in History by Keith Stern.


This is What a Feminist Looks Like

No comments: