Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Good to be an Intern

Hello, my name is Victoria Nichols and this is my second day as an intern for Choices Campus Leadership Program at the Feminist Majority Foundation. I am extremely excited to learn more about the issues facing women and I am looking forward to working with the Feminist Campus Team in effort to advance women’s equality.

I am a recent high school graduate and I will be attending Claremont McKenna College in the fall. I am thinking of majoring in International Relations and will definitely make sure to enroll in some women’s studies classes. I can’t wait to get involved on my college campus as a feminist and work with other students to help make an impact on local and eventually international level.

With this internship I am taking my first steps towards getting more involved in political issues that affect my community. I want to participate and be knowledgeable about world events and I am glad to have the opportunity to be a part of an organization like Feminist Majority which has the power to evoke change in the world.

It is only the second day of my internship and I have already learned so much about feminism. There are so many people out there who are simply unaware of the issues that women face on a daily basis. My goal is to not only make myself more aware but provide others with more information so that more people will join the fight for women’s equality. Looking forward to making an impact this summer!

No comments: