Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Introducing a New FMF Summer Intern!

Hey everybody!My name is Jennifer Halberstadter (but I go by Jen). I am so excited to be interning at the Feminist Majority Foundation in Los Angeles. Not only is this the first blog I've written for FMF, but this is the first blog I've written... ever! Don't worry, this definitely will not be the last. So you all can get to know me a little better, here are some fun facts about me:

1. I will be a senior in high school this fall (so I'm quite a bit younger than the other interns around here).
2. I hope my blogs will provide a fresh perspective from a "younger" point of view and reach out to younger feminists who haven't had as much of an opportunity to study these topics in school yet.
3. My favorite color is purple! It has been for as long as I can remember and I ALWAYS have something purple with me. (As a matter of fact, my bag is purple right now)
4. I love to cook but, more importantly, I love to eat!
5. I was born and raised right here in LA. As much as I love the sunny weather, I can't stay out too long in the sun because I burn easily (it's hard being so fair-skinned in Los Angeles!)
6. I have a passion for photography. I love digital, but I much prefer film. To me, there's nothing quite like taking pictures, processing your own film, and making the prints in a darkroom.
7. I have a tendency to make very bad puns (and find them funny).
8. I look forward to summer every year for my birthday, the beach, and nice weather, but mostly for all the yummy summer fruits (peaches are my favorites).
9. I traveled to Spain last year for a foreign exchange trip and it was amazing. I've always wanted to go to Italy so hopefully that will happen in the not to distant future.
10. Although I haven't had the opportunity to study many feminist issues in school, I am very interested by them and I hope this internship will further educate me so that when I go to college I can study women's issues more in depth.

I look forward to more blogging!
--Jen

No comments: