Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Welcome to Feminist Summer Camp!"

Hello awesome readers! My name is Angelica Gonzalez and for the next ten weeks I will be a Choices Campus Intern here at the FMF office. In the Fall I will be starting my fourth year at the University of California, Berkeley with a double major in Gender & Women's Studies and Sociology. I am so excited to be here and know it will be an amazing experience.

10 things about me:

  • I am the president of Berkeley NOW; check out our blog (sorry, had to plug)
  • I have a Beatles tattoo on my back
  • I am first generation Mexican-American. Or Chicana. Or Latina. Or Mexican. I still haven't decided which one.
  • I am obsessed with social media: facebook, twitter, tumblr, blogs, etc.
  • My favorite television show is Buffy The Vampire Slayer
  • I'm interested in reproductive rights, comprehensive sex ed, and sexual assault, but definitely not limited to them. When I graduate I want to work within these fields.
  • Two words: Pop culture!
  • I love to knit and crochet. I once knitted a vulva for a feminist art event.
  • I don't have a favorite fiction book
  • I love Wonder Woman and Catwoman and other female comic book characters.

No comments: