Hello Internet-world! I'm Eden, a new intern for this lovely summer (despite the all too present June Gloom), and will also be a new contributor to the Choices Campus Blog!
In order to get ourselves better acquainted with one another, I present to you: Ten Random Facts About Me!
- I am a political science major at UC Berkeley, and although I have attended a fair number of protests, I have yet to purchase a tie-dyed shirt. (Blasphemy!)
- I am passionate about feminist concerns, particularly reproductive and LGBTQ rights.
- I love food and probably spend most of my life preparing, consuming, and thinking about food. (The Food Network and various cooking blogs owe me a large chunk of my time!)
- My life goals include making perfectly baked bread and teaching my parents how to use the karaoke machine.
- But on a more serious note, my life goals also include informing the public about feminist issues and devoting my time fighting for human rights.
- I am somewhat of a television snob (holding Arrested Development in high regard), but have a huge weakness for "trashy" reality shows (anything that plays on Bravo floats my boat).
- I am a California native and love my state, though I tend to usually dislike being in the sun, sand, and traffic.
- One of my favorite aspects of feminism is the confidence that stems from the belief! I have met so many intelligent, confident feminists who all have equally intelligent and confident outlooks on life.
- Although I am passionate about various political issues, I am indecisive about little things, so my favorite color is rainbow.
- I mercilessly abuse using parentheses (really?!).
I look forward to contributing more to this blog in the future!