Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New FMF Intern Blogger!


Hola Choices Campus blog, me llamo Victoria! For those of you who do not understand Spanish, please forgive me, I am known for resorting to my first language, Español. My name is Victoria, and I am one of the summer interns here at the Feminist Majority Foundation.

10 Things About Me:
  1. I attend a small Women's college in the District of Columbia, where I am majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women's Studies.
  2. I was born and raised in Maryland, but my parents are from El Salvador.
  3. I lead a feminist group on campus called The Women's Student Action Coalition.
  4. I am passionate about issues regarding abortion and violence against women.
  5. This summer I am working with the Campus Organizers, and Web Team at FMF.
  6. I love lemon cupcakes. *mmm Georgetown Cupcakes*
  7. The feminist authors that have influenced me the most are bell hooks and Gloria Steinem.
  8. I first knew I was a feminist when I was: Sometime in High School after reading Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti
  9. I have a twin sister, but ironically we are nothing alike.
  10. On my free time I enjoy listening to Bob...Marley that is, while doing some pilates.
I hope you all enjoy my newbie blogging, I am open to friendly suggestions.

Until next time!
Vicky

Photo credit to clevercupcakes on Flickr.com

No comments: