Thursday, June 18, 2009

Feminization from an Anti-Choice Website

While perusing the Internet, I stumbled across the "Farside Commentary" section from the Missionary to the Unborn Website. I think that it is always worthwhile to try and understand "the other side" of debates, so why not start with an anti-choice website? Author Steve Wetzel mentions that he hopes to create controversy, so I just thought I would share a link to his "piece," entitled The Feminization of Christianity for anyone looking for a good laugh.

He mentions the fact that culture has nothing to do with the oppression of women, but rather he quotes lines from the bible, explaining why women should continue to be oppressed. I don't want to spoil the entire piece, but he more or less goes on to say that women were not meant to have careers, or be able to be teachers, unless they are teaching their children religion in their homes. To quote directly from the article,

"The modern liberated Christian woman might ask, 'Do I have to suffer for what Eve did?'

According to Wetzel, the short answer to that is, 'Yes.' "


I'm sure you get the idea, so I hope you have as much fun reading the article as I did!

No comments: