Thursday, June 11, 2009

Special Thursday Treat!

One of the greatest pleasures I have with one of my friends at school is watching Sarah Haskins videos. As many of you know, in her show Target Women, Haskins analyzes television and advertising. She not only delivers insight into what messages women are receiving, but she also, quite frankly, cracks me up. It really is a magnificent pairing of wit and information. Because when I laugh, I also want to learn.

As a special Thursday treat, I thought I’d share the latest Target Women video about how advertising infantilizes women through the use of “story time” narratives. If you’re feeling a little worn out today and if you have the time, I’d recommend watching all of the videos. If you don’t have the time, I’m going to recommend the cleaning and birth control videos. Enjoy your Thursday, feminists of the world!

No comments: