Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are you kidding me?!!

According to Vail Daily, the Colorado Title Board approved the personhood amdendment proposal.

Are you kidding me?!!! This proposal is utterly ridiculous and insulting to women. Now that the wording has been approved, these misinformed and misogynistic people can start "collecting" signatures.

I wrote about the personhood movement last week. If you want a recap, check it out. Basically, it is terrifying that something as extreme as this proposed amendment could garner support at a state level. Like I said before this amendment would destroy the reproductive freedom and rights that thousands of people have worked hard to protect.
Even if the amendment doesn't pass (if it does, I will be seriously disappointed in the people of Colorado), approving the proposal is encouraging this group to think that they might someday win, and to continue their war against women.
Photo courtesy of www.flickr/writefromkaren

1 comment:

Aviva DV said...

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that they're trying again, even though they were so thoroughly defeated last election cycle. It's infuriating.