Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DC music lovers: Free Workshop Tonight!

Shameless plug for pet causes:

Girls Rock! DC is a nonprofit that hosts a weeklong rock camp for girls in DC. They’re hosting a free amp and sound workshop today at 7pm at the Dome Theatre in Arlington V.A., next to the Rosslyn Metro.

If anyone has a band or is an aspiring roadie, I definitely encourage you to go. It’s open to women of all ages, no experience necessary. I’ll be attending, so drop me a line at dgeong@feminist.org if you’re interesting in coming with!

The WaPo Express paper ran a nice article about the upcoming workshop. FMF's Tania Stewart also posted about the Girls Rock! camps a few weeks back.

GR!DC needs volunteers year-round to plan events, fundraisers, and the rock camp. I went to a volunteer session a few weeks ago and they were super cool people. So if you want to get involved, e-mail info@girlsrockdc.org. You can also friend them on Facebook, and I started a Twitter page for GR!DC, so please follow us!

Thanks and hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, I wish I could have done this when I was younger! I love organizations like this that get young girls involved in things that are stereotypically directed toward boys.